ADC&L has been advising clients on the Peninsula since July 1, 1949 when Michael Aaronson and Melvin E. Cohn established Aaronson and Cohn in San Carlos.
In April 1956, Melvin E. Cohn became City Attorney for the City of San Carlos, beginning the firmís long-standing Municipal Law practice. In October 1963, he was appointed by then-Governor Edmund G. (Pat) Brown to a judgeship on the San Mateo County Superior Court. In September 1957, Kenneth M. Dickerson joined the firm as an associate to assist in the firmís growing practice. In 1970, Robert J. Lanzone joined the firm as an associate. In 1983, Robert J. Lanzone served as President of the San Mateo County Bar Association. Also in 1983, after 20 years of distinguished service on the Bench, Judge Cohn retired and rejoined the firm as of counsel.
In the 1980's, the firm expanded with the additions of Jean B. Savaree in 1985 and Gregory J. Rubens and Linda J. Noeske in 1989. In 2013, Linda J. Noeske became of counsel with the firm, continuing with her fulltime family law practice.
While the current practice of the firm varies by attorney, we are committed to providing clients with personal and professional service at reasonable cost.